5 Tips For Selling Your Home This SpringApril 05, 2016 / Real Estate Trends, Selling
With Spring (technically) here on the Seacoast, sellers looking to put their homes on the market should do so between now and June. We’ve come across numerous articles with tips for sellers to successfully sell their homes this spring. We’ve highlighted the best we’ve come across for you here and brought to you by Bankrate:
1. Price it correctly. Regardless of current real estate market trends, location, price and condition of a home are 3 factors that determine whether a home sells quickly or sits on the market. While you may not be able to change the location and age of your home, you can certainly price it right to sell. If you overprice your home, home appraisers are more cautious and may not value your home as highly as the sale price, even if you find a buyer willing to pay that price. If a home sits on the market for 90-120 days, it makes it very difficult to sell subsequently.
2. Pay attention to curb appeal. Buyers will form an opinion about whether they’d even consider buying a home within the first minute of seeing the outside of a property. Therefore, make your home look appealing. This means do some spring cleanup such as pressure washing the driveway, front walk, and patio areas. Landscaping makes a huge impact on curb appeal as well as window washing and a fresh coat of paint at least around the front door, if not more.
3. Eliminate clutter and possessions inside your home. Even if your home isn’t a scene out of Hoarders, clutter and too much stuff certainly impact the impressions of buyers. And another plus of doing some spring closet and house clutter cleaning – you’ll be moving anyway, so why not start now?
4. Do some pre-inspection repairs. If you know something is broken or in need of repair, fix it beforehand. Usually it will cost less to bring in your own repairmen and it makes it more likely that your home will pass inspection, which will lead to a speedier, more efficient sale.
5. Find a realtor savvy in marketing. Most buyers find their homes online first. Make sure you hire a realtor that can portray your home online in the best way possible. This includes taking high quality digital photos and producing marketing materials for both online and print in a timely fashion.
To read more, click over to Bankrate for the full article! And contact us today to list your home or let us help you answer any questions you may have about the selling process!