Try These Useful Real Estate Mobile Applications!February 25, 2015 / Buying, Real Estate Trends, Selling
Recently, Inman News conducted a report on the best 100 mobile apps for the real estate sector. From our experience, here are a few from the list that we find most helpful:
The first three apps listed below are ideal if you are driving around looking for housing on-the-go:
1. Zillow:The best real estate mobile app out there right now and it’s free! Using Zillow’s mobile app, you are able to search homes by entering a specific address or use their location detector and search nearby homes. You can save your favorite homes and save searches. Helpful additional tools include mortgage rates and calculators. If you can only choose one real estate mobile app to download, this one is the best choice because it contains the most features all in one application.
2. Realtor.com: Similar to Zillow.com, this app is updated often with the latest homes for sale, open houses and homes for rent. It saves recent searches and allows a location detector to search for homes nearby to your current location. It doesn’t contain as many features as Zillow, but it still a reliable go-to when searching for properties.
3. Trulia Real Estate: Third behind Zillow and Realtor.com is this app, which allows you to search nearby homes for sale, rent and recently sold homes. A nice feature of this app is you can map search nearby restaurants, grocery stores etc. in relation to a particular property. Each property’s information includes contact details for the listing agent.
Here are some of our other favorite apps that make real estate transactions easier:
4. HotPads (for both Android and iPhone): We like this map based searching app for its ease of use and options to search for rentals, sales and even hotels in your area.
5. SignMyPad (for Android): Don’t let a real estate transaction get in the way of a pre-planned trip! This app allows you to load PDF files onto your mobile device and edit the files, sign them, and send them back remotely from the palm of your hand.
6. Real Estate (for Android): This app is a “Dictionary of Real Estate Terms” and is useful for understanding real estate transactions for both current and prospective homebuyers.
7. Redfin Real Estate (for iPhone): An MLS powered real estate app providing full details on every home for sale. You can even add your own pictures and notes for others to see on each property’s listing. The drawback of this app is that it is only in certain areas of the country, such as Boston, Chicago and Washington, DC.
8. Loopnet Commercial Real Estate: Search (for iPhone): This is a great tool for anyone looking for an investment property or lease space.
9. Mortgage Calculator Pro (for iPhone): A calculator for homebuyers, realtors and brokers that allows the user to calculate monthly payments for a mortgage, car payment, credit card or other type of fixed rate loan.